Healthcare has become an exceptionally popular area of M2M deployment, especially in the face of rising expenditures on healthcare and the need for better efficiencies.
High population growth, rising medical expenditure and limited healthcare resources are posing great challenges to today's social and healthcare system. The pressure can be eased by innovative smart medical device and wearables with built-in IoT technologies, which keep patients and the elderly remotely connected to physicians or healthcare service providers. Such devices are able to track people's health condition anytime and anywhere, and this makes it possible for patients to be monitored, diagnosed and treated at home or on the move, without the need of visiting hospitals.
Moreover, the IoT technologies can also be applied in other fields, such as personal tracking, pet tracking and home automation, and enable people to take control their own life freely.
The Advantages of Quectel Modules
With Quectel M2M-enabled mHealth device, physician can remotely monitor a patient’s health status indicators and manage chronic conditions in real time no matter whether the patient is at home, on the bus or anywhere. Quectel advanced SSL (Socket Secure Layer) function maintains strict requirements for security and privacy.
● Small form factor, extended temperature operating range, ease of integration, long-term availability and suitability.
● Support the advanced network capacity and high-speed data rate 3G/4G networks and the fastest LTE networks in all areas of the world.
● Reliable for seamless, always-on worldwide communication.
● Secure data transmission over wireless networks utilizing Quectel SSL function.
The Advantages of mHealth
● Keep patients and the elderly remotely connected to healthcare service providers anytime and anywhere.
● Improve the convenience and efficiency of data collection, transfer, storage and analysis.
● Wide application in healthcare sector, including patient & elderly monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, and glucometer, etc.
● Collects data from many sensors and devices such as pedometers, electrocardiogram patch, sleep sensors, weight scales, blood glucose and blood pressure devices and provides a dashboard view of overall health status to authorized caregivers and the health system.
● The core of M2M/IoT-enabled mHealth solution is 3G/4G module, which enables cellular transmission of data so that healthcare providers can offer remote care to patients.
● Remote monitoring allows healthcare workers to better track patient conditions without occupying the limited medical resources.