Increased concern over public and personal security is driving the market for more reliable security solutions. The Internet of Things is making this possible through mass connectivity and secure data transmission.
In the longer term, the Internet of Things means ubiquitous surveillance. This includes the need for better inventory of the assets that are connected to the IP network. In many organizations, security equipment alone makes up hundreds or thousands of devices under management, including but not limited to access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance cameras, appliances, sensors and other key technology devices. Getting a handle on everything that connects to the network from a security perspective is a great place to start.
Combining wireless communication technology, advanced camera equipment and 3G/4G/LTE networks, Quectel's Security & Surveillance solution is able to send the alarm message to the user's smart phone or other terminals once the security alarm is automatically triggered by sensors. The user can then check real-time image and video of the monitored sites, and take corresponding measures remotely.
Traditional fixed line solutions are inconvenient, expensive and vulnerable to natural hazards and man-made disasters, while wireless communication is widely used in the fields below due to rapid and flexible deployment:
● Video surveillance: borders, buildings, streets.
● Building security and controls: home, commercial/government building monitoring, access control and alarms.
To address the demands of the above applications, safety products need to have the following features：
● Be able to monitor a large amount of scattered monitoring points.
● Cost-effective and scalable video streaming.
● Eliminated wires enable a more portable solution.
● Fast, secure and reliable high volume data transmission.
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
● Global certifications and rich experiences in co-working with network carriers
● Data and image can be transmitted reliably, with robust wireless signals, greater bandwidth and faster data transfer rates offered by LTE technology,
● Secure data transmission over wireless networks utilizing Quectel SSL function
● Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
● Extended operating temperature range, scalable bandwidth capacity and rugged small form factor
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems