L86 is an ultra compact GNSS POT (Patch on Top) module with an embedded 18.4 × 18.4 × 4.0mm patch antenna and utilizes the MediaTek new generation GNSS chipset MT3333 that achieves the perfect peorformance. Designed to be compatible with Quectel GPS L80 module In the compact and unified form factor, it provides a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from GPS to GNSS. This saving-space design makes L86 the perfect module for the miniature devices. Adopted by LCC package and integrated with patch antenna, L86 has exceptional performance both in acquisition and tracking.
L86 is an ultra compact GNSS POT (Patch on Top) module with an embedded 18.4 × 18.4 × 4.0mm patch antenna and utilizes the MediaTek new generation GNSS chipset MT3333 that achieves the perfect peorformance. Designed to be compatible with Quectel GPS L80 module In the compact and unified form factor, it provides a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from GPS to GNSS. This saving-space design makes L86 a perfect module for miniature devices. Adopted by LCC package and integrating patch antenna, L86 has exceptional performance both in acquisition and tracking.
Combining advanced AGPS called EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate™ technology, L86 achieves the highest performance and fully meets the industrial standard. EASY™ technology ensures L86 can calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so L86 can fix position quickly even at indoor signal levels with low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate™ technology, L86 can adaptively adjust the on/off time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motion conditions.
L86 supports automatic antenna switching function. It can achieve the switching between internal patch antenna and external active antenna. Moreover, it keeps positioning during the switching process.
Due to its compact design, high precision and sensitivity, L86 is perfectly suitable for a broad range of M2M applications such as portable device, automotive, personal tracking, security and industrial PDA. It is especially suitable for special applications, like GPS mouse and OBD.
● Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, and QZSS
● Embedded patch antenna: 18.4 x 18.4 x 4.0mm
● Compact size: 16.0 x 16.0 x 6.45mm
● Automatic antenna switching function
● Support short circuit protection and antenna detection
● Built-in LNA for better sensitivity
● EASY™, advanced AGPS technology without external memory
● Ultra low power consumption in tracking mode, 26mA
● AlwaysLocate™, an intelligent controller of periodic mode
● LOCUS, embedded logger function without the need of host and external flash
● High sensitivity: -167dBm@Tracking, -149dBm@Acquisition
● 99 acquisition channels, 33 tracking channels
● Balloon mode, for high altitude up to 80km
● Support DGPS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
● Great anti-jamming performance due to multi-tone active interference canceller
● PPS VS. NMEA can be used in time service
● Support SDK command developed by Quectel
GPS L1 Band Receiver
33 (Tracking) /
|SBAS||WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN|
|Velocity Accuracy||Without Aid||< 0.1m/s|
|Acceleration Accuracy||Without Aid||0.1m/s²|
|Timing Accuracy||1PPS Out||10ns|
|Environmental Conditions||Operating Temperature||-40℃ to 85℃|
|Storage Temperature||-45℃ to 125℃|
|Dynamic Performance||Maximum Altitude||Max.18000m|
|Footprint Dimensions||16.0 × 16.0 × 6.45mm|
UART: Adjustable 4800~115200bps
|Update Rate||1Hz (default), up to10Hz|
|I/O Voltage||2.7V ~ 2.9V|
|Power Supply||3.0V ~ 4.3V|
|Power Acquisition||30mA@3.3V (GPS+GLONASS)|
|Power Tracking||26mA@3.3V (GPS+GLONASS)|
Note1: Measured in GPS+GLONASS system under outdoor static mode.
The module is sensitivity to moisture absorption. Before reflow, Module should be baked for 192 hours at temperature 40℃+5℃/-0℃ and <5% RH in low-temperature containers, or 24 hours at temperature 125℃±5℃ in high-temperature containers. Care should be taken that plastic tray is not heat resistant. Module should be taken out before preheating, otherwise, the tray maybe damaged by high-temperature heating.